Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring in the Backyard and the Living Room!

Delaney took these photos and she makes our backyard look AMAZING!  I guess it is beside the point that I really have a lot of work to do back there but I like the way Delaney shows what is going right!
















She likes to play with the settings on her camera and she took several photos
in the living room on a very rainy day.
  



The mantle for spring.
  





Of course, I have to add to our collection of birds for spring!
  



I am adding more green into the living room for spring, I'll take more photos to
show some of the fun pillows I found at Marshalls!
This is the top of the computer hutch in the living room-I love this bicycle print that I found on ebay (it is from Ballard Designs). The mirror was $5.00 at a thrift shop around the corner (literally).  I would love to paint and distress it but... that sounds like a summer project!
  





This is my beautiful new bookcase that Greg and the girls gave me for my birthday!  I LOVE it! 
It is from Nadeau Furniture here in Huntsville.  They have great pieces (usually distressed) for reasonable prices. They do have several locations all over the country-they are worth taking a peek at.  Check them out here.
  



This was a gift from my mom and my brother a few years ago-it looks great on top of the bookcase!
  




It is fun playing around with different things to add to the bookcase!
  



This is the beautiful bouquet Shanley sent for my birthday. 
Cue the violin music...she even wrote a poem for the card!
  

You have to check out my sister, Jennifer's new site. 
She has been restoring and refinishing furniture for years
and is FINALLY going to
start selling pieces.  Her furniture is gorgeous! 
Click here to see what all she has! 


1 comment:

  1. Julie Ann!!! I absolutely LOVE everything! I can't believe the little girl has such a fabulous camera and boy does she know how to use it - kudos to Delaney! The bookcase is soo pretty & so are the flowers from Shanley. Thank you so much for the shout..you're a dear and I love you! Jen

    ReplyDelete